SP III - Sam Ailsby, Material Studies Exercises #1-6 and SP II Previous Work Examples
Below I have attached my material studies exercises, succulent wax model, and my previous work from SP II in case other students were curious as to what can possibly be accomplished.
Clay: Focusing on how the material changes when exposed to air, shaping it, what it looks like when it is fired/glazed, and breaking it once the clay has hardened.
Silicone/fake skin: Focusing on cutting the material, ripping it, burning it, comparing how it looks when clean and dirty, and how the appearance changes when ink is injected into it.
Wax/bronze casting: For SP III, I have chosen to do an isolated, independent portion of a succulent plant that I own. For my preious work, I simply did a classmate's ear.
Wood/metal: For SP II, I chose to create a burger for my material exercise where I cut the wood, shaped it, used joining glue, melted wax onto it, and created a hole through the work where a smaller piece of wood could be used to hold all "burger" pieces together. For my final work, I chose to create a charcuterie board (and representations of food) before using my metal rod to create my interpretation of a fly (larger than life scale) and a spider web that sits in a corner. Since the two objects are different, I had to use the same materials to create a surface/texture.
Comments
Post a Comment