Water progress - Ezra

 CNC Testing

Test water pattern using a 1/8" drill bit and both a roughing and finishing path. Result is a textured and detailed version of a water photo.





Next Steps: Try experimenting with different materials?

Main Water Project Form Brainstorm



Playdough model to visualize form and process

Experimenting with form and process: Originally I started with a water patern to 3D model process however, I am now experimenting with where these water patterns could lead to. Inspired by mycelium and fungal patterns, I then began to explore the forms of water deltas. The form concept that I have landed on starts with an organic flat surface. Then, topography is applied to the surface and the new surface is then used as the base surface in grasshopper that water/sand patterns could be applied to. Once the water or sand texture is applied, I then plan to create a heat map from the resulting model. Then, I can draw on organic flowing lines that flow off of the object, imitating water patterns. The goal is to create an organic form where water channels can be carved out and then filled with a bioplastic that spreads beyond the edges of the solid surface.





Sand ripple patterns from important places in my life to use as texture going forwards.

Artist Research


Integration of repeated panels and natural materials
Organic forms and natural materials - mycelium and 3D print

Bronze Dip Process









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sp2-artist presentation (Angie Man Fei Wong)